Date(s) - Dec 9, 2017
6:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Eldorado Resort & Casino
Hello members! You should have all received your party invitations, and I am still waiting on some of your RSVPs and any seating requests! Below is my original email. You are encouraged to bring family and friends to join in the fun…I just need their names and guest fees by next Monday!
Dear SOI members,
It’s almost time for our annual Christmas party! The date is Saturday, December 9 at 6 PM at the El Dorado Casino Ballroom. Many of you already “know the drill” since we began assigning seats a few years ago, and you have already sent your names and guest fees. That’s fine – the earlier the better!
Your invitations should have arrived in the mail….please RSVP and make seating Â requests if you have not already done so.
Assigned seating has proven to work well. Once again, this is done primarily so that those paying for guests are guaranteed to be able to sit with them. Many members also have specific members they wish to celebrate with.
However, if you are a single or couple and have no specific seating requests – NO PROBLEM! Just RSVP and indicate “no seating requests” and I will place you at a table with other members.
ONCE AGAIN, let’s keep this simple! If you have others that you wish to sit with, please coordinate your numbers together before replying. Email is preferred so that I have a record.
– Tables are 10-tops. TEN is the maximum number per table. Seats will NOT be added to accommodate additional people for dinner. After dinner you may re-arrange seating as you like!
– If you have a group of 10 including guests, please reply to this email with all 10 names, and send me a check to arrive by December 4. Include names of all guests if possible or just indicate “Guest” if you are not sure. Members are free; guest fee is $40 per guest. Please take responsibility for your guests’ fees and work out the payment with them!
Make check payable to Sons of Italy and mail to:
2318 Belmont Blvd.
Bossier City, LA 71111
– If you are a group of 10 members (no payment required), please reply with those names. Only one person needs to reply for their group, but I do not mind multiple messages as long as they match up!
– You cannot hold all 10 seats at a table without supplying 10 names or paying enough guest fees to fill a table. Your paid guests must know that they are at a table under your name. If you supply all guest names by December 4, any confusion is avoided. Attendees will find their table from a seating chart so that no one has to work at the party!
– If you are just a small group who want to sit together, please coordinate this with each other, email me the names, and I will place you at a table with other members. You do not need to worry about filling a table.
– If you wish to sit with someone who has already filled a table, I will try to place you as close to them as possible.
– I will sort through any conflicts the best I can, but your cooperation is appreciated. Remember, this is volunteer work and can be very time-consuming!
– Members who RSVP but are not accounted for in a seating request will be placed at tables that need to be filled in. Everyone who RSVPs has a seat!
– Lisa is sending your invitations in the mail. My HARD DEADLINE for RSVPs, seating requests and guest fees is DECEMBER 4.
– Remember: You do not need to arrive early to claim a seat. Everyone who RSVPs has an assigned seat!
– NO ONE needs to work at the party! All guest fees must be paid, and there should be no handling of money that is due to the Club. This should be everyone’s evening to relax and enjoy!
– The seating chart will be posted at the door, and you can easily find your tables without assistance.
– If you headed up a table last year and gave me all names, keep up the good work this year!
YOUR RSVPS ARE ALSO NECESSARY FOR THE NUMBERS THAT WE PROVIDE TO EL DORADO FOR BOTH FOOD AND SEATING. YOUR TIMELY COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED.
Thanks, and I will see you at the party!