Date(s) - Oct 22, 2017 until 14 Feb 2018
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
http://aifed.org/ IRS Non-Profit Corporation ID 72-0817602
AIFEDSE Scholarship Awards for Members Students
$1,000 academic scholarship award to students attending a college including a trade school technical college or university may be awarded each year. The number of awards each year are to be determined by the American Italian Federation of the Southeast Officers on the Board. For 2018 one (1) AIFEDSE scholarship award will be presented. The AIFEDSE scholarship provides some tuition funds to students who Do Not receive a full scholarship.
The request for qualified students will be in the Fall of 2017. The scholarship applications deadline will be February 14, 2018. The scholarship recipient will be chosen by a random drawing at an AIFEDSE Members meeting. Presentation of the scholarship(s) will be at the Fall 2018 AIFEDSE Members meeting.
Applicant must be a member, child or the legal ward or direct descendant of a Member of an AIFEDSE Member Organization. Individual Member must be in “Good Standing” (Paid Up on any Fees Due to their AIFEDSE Member Organization). The AIFEDSE Member Organization must be in “Good Standing” (Have Paid the end of our May to April fiscal year AIFEDSE Fee Invoice).
American Italian Federation of the Southeast Scholarship Award Application Deadline February 14, 2018
Name & Phone: __________________________________________
Complete Address: ________________________________________
Email Address: ___________________________________________
High School & GPA or ACT: _________________________________
High School Address: ______________________________________
or College & GPA: _________________________________________
College Address: __________________________________________
Parents Names: __________________________________________
AIFEDSE Member Organization: _____________________________
Member(s) Name: _________________________________________
AIFEDSE Scholarship eligibility requirements for Members Students
1. Applicant must be a member, child or the legal ward or direct descendant of a Member of an AIFEDSE Member Organization.
2. A student can receive the AIFEDSE scholarship award one time. It is not renewable. Only one scholarship award will be awarded per family per academic year.
3. The scholarship money shall be used by an undergraduate student to attend on a full-time basis any college or university.
4. A first-time college student applying for the AIFEDSE scholarship must: a) have graduated from high school with at least a B average (3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale, or the equivalent); or, b) have graduated from high school and received a minimum ACT test score of 17. High school students who apply must be seniors.
5. An undergraduate college student seeking the scholarship must have achieved a minimum of 2.5 (on a 4.0 GPA scale) on all prior college work.
6. A scholarship application must be completed and mailed to AIFEDSE.
7. The scholarship recipients will be chosen in a random drawing at a meeting of the AIFEDSE Members.
8. The scholarship winner will be required to provide AIFEDSE with an official transcript of your GPA, copy of your ACT test score, and a copy of your full-time college tuition payment invoice, verifying your eligibility prior to the award. These are to mailed to the AIFEDSE Treasurer by the winner prior to award presentation.
9. The scholarship check will be given to the recipient at presentation.
10. The $1,000 scholarship award provides some tuition funds to students who Do Not receive a full scholarship.
I understand and agree to the requirements stated above.
Print your name ____________________
Your Signature ____________________
Mail both pages to:
AIFEDSE Attn: Joseph S. Piccione, Treasurer
1220 St. John Street
Lafayette, Louisiana 70506 Phone 337-235-9612
Proposed by Victor P. Musso, President
To For Printable copy of Application Click 2018 AIFEDSE Academic Scholarships – For Members Students